The Instrument Drive is our means but not our end. It is what we do but not why we do it. Bringing Music to Life is really about transforming children’s lives through music.
Music students gain life skills and the kind of self-esteem and confidence that come from challenging themselves and joining with others, creating something of beauty through persistence and hard work.
The articles below highlight some of the documented benefits that come from music making. Our participating schools and music programs experience these benefits firsthand!
“Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, because rhythm and harmony find their way into the inward places of the soul.”
― Plato, The Republic
- How Children Benefit from Music Education in Schools
- Music Students Score Better in Math, Science, English Than Nonmusical Peers
- Making Music Proves to Be Powerful Antidepressant
- Music Lessons Were the Best Thing Your Parents Ever Did for You, According to Science
- The Link between Instruments and Mental Wellbeing
- Tuning In: Six Benefits of Music Education for Kids